CLG Cuchulainn, Co. Cavan Club Constitution
Constitution & Rules of CLG Cuchulainn as ratified at the Annual General Meeting held on 10th of December 2000. Section 13 (d), Section 16 and Section 20 were amended and ratified at the Annual General Meeting of the Club held on 13th of December 2009. Section 36 and Section 37 were amended and ratified at the Annual General Meeting of the Club held on 26th of November 2011. Section’s 20, 25, 36 and 40 were amended and ratified at the Annual General Meeting of the Club held on 17th of November 2012. TITLE, OBJECTS AND COLOURS
1. The Club shall be called CLG Cuchulainn and in English as Cuchulainns GAA hereinafter called “The Club”
2. The objects of the Club shall be the promotion of the aims of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael as outlined in its Charter and General Rules and the membership and resources of the Club shall be utilised for and dedicated solely to those aims.
3. The colors of the Club shall be a white Jersey with blue trim, royal blue shorts and royal blue socks.
4. All classes of members of the Club shall be elected by the Executive Committee, and such classes shall consist of Full, Honorary, Temporary, and Youth.
5. Full (Ordinary) Membership of the club, which shall be for a period of not less than one year, shall be open to all persons of 18 years of age on the first of January proceeding the AGM and over who subscribe to and undertake to further the aims and objects of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael; such Full Members shall be registered with the County Registrar.
6. Honorary Membership shall be open to all persons who have rendered exceptional service to the Club or to the games and/or activities of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael. They may be elected for life or for any defined period but unless otherwise stated in the minute made on the occasion of their election their membership shall terminate at the close of the current year but may be renewed by the Executive Committee from year to year. Honorary Members shall have all the privileges of Full Members except in the management or Control of the club and they shall not be obliged to pay the subscription as provided for in Club Constitution Rule 14.
7. Temporary (Social) Membership shall be open to all persons actively involved in such additional activities as may be promoted by the Club. They may be admitted for period’s not exceeding twelve months after being duly elected. They shall not be entitled to vote or engage in the management or control of the Club.
8. Youth Membership shall be open to all persons under the age specified for full membership (see rule 5). They shall not be entitled to vote or engage in the management or control of the Club.
9. Application for Membership – The person seeking admission as a member of any class other than honorary shall complete and sign a prescribed application form, which must be returned to the Club Secretary. The application for membership must be proposed and seconded by two paid-up Registered Full Members.
10. The name and address of such person proposed as a member of the Club, together with the names of those proposing and seconding him/her, shall be displayed in a conspicuous place in the club premises for at least two weeks before election.
11. The executive shall inform the applicant of its decision. A new member on election shall, on payment of the membership subscription, be given a membership card.
12. At the discretion of the Executive Committee, the foregoing procedure (Club Rules 9 to 11) need not apply in cases other than the election of Full Members.
a) The Executive Committee shall have the power to expel or suspend from Club activities any member of the Club whose actions are, in the opinion of the Committee, prejudicial to the interests of the Club.
b) Such persons if Registered Full Members shall have the right to appeal to a Special General Meeting as provided in these Club Rules.
c) Unless the offence is brought to the notice of the County Committee by the Club and that body, having considered the merits of the case and having regard to the rights of the player or member, imposes a suspension, the player or member continues to be a legal member of the Association and is merely suspended from club activities.
d) The Executive Committee may suspend for up to eight weeks or more a player who refuses to make himself available for selection for the club. SUBSCRIPTIONS
13. The annual subscription of members other than Honorary members shall be decided by the Annual General Meeting; subscriptions are payable in advance on January 1st.
14. Any member other than Honorary member whose annual subscription is not paid prior to March 1st in any calendar year shall cease to be a member on that date and shall not be eligible to participate in the games of any section of the Club or to partake in any of the privileges attached to membership.
15. The Executive Committee shall have power to grant Temporary (Social) membership, under such terms as it shall think fit, to any person whose membership shall have lapsed under Club Rule 15.
16. Any member wishing to transfer from the club must provide a full letter of explanation as to the reason for the transfer request. The contents of the letter shall be put before a meeting of the executive so that a decision on the transfer request may be made. The Executive Committee my request an interview with the applicant before making a decision on the transfer request. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
17. The business and affairs of the Club shall be under the management of an Executive Committee and it shall be the controlling body of the Club. CONSTITUTION
18. The Executive Committee shall be elected by the Registered Full Members present, entitled to vote and voting at the Annual General Meeting and nominations to serve on the Executive Committee shall be by any two such Registered Full Members.
19. The Executive Committee shall hold office for a period of one year or until the following Annual General Meeting.
20. Section 20. The Executive Committee shall be comprised of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Registrar, Children’s Officer, the appointed captain of the senior adult team and at least three Registered Full Members.
21. The Executive Committee shall have the sole right to appoint sub-committees as required. It shall define the duties of such sub-committees and retain control in all matters and activities, which it considers of importance to the general welfare of the Club including the disposal of any funds in the hands of such sub-committees.
22. The Executive Committee shall have power to nominate the Chairman of such sub-committees.
23. The Club Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Hon. Secretary and Hon. Treasurers of the Executive Committee shall be ex-officio members of all sub-committees.
24. The Executive Committee may prepare byelaws for the proper control and management of the Club which shall be submitted for ratification to an Annual or Special General Meeting of the Club. Alterations, deletions or additions to such byelaws may be made only at the following Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose.
25. The Executive Committee shall attend all monthly meetings.
26. The Executive Committee shall administer the business affairs of the Club and the property under its control in accordance with the aims and objects specified in the Constitution and shall have all such administrative powers as may be necessary for properly carrying out the aims and objects of the Club.
27. Each member shall have the right to be heard by the Executive Committee upon any complaint or representation sent by him in writing to the Hon.Secretary.
28. A special meeting of the Executive Committee may be called (a) by the Hon. Secretary, or (b) by the Hon. Secretary within three days of the receipt by him of a requisition, duly signed by four members of the Executive Committee. Such notice shall set out the purpose for which the special meeting is required.
29. The Chairman shall preside over all meetings of the Executive Committee; in his absence, the Vice-Chairman shall preside. If both the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are absent, the Committee may elect a member present to preside at the meeting.
30. Any member of the Executive Committee, who shall have absented himself from three consecutive meetings without reasonable explanation, shall be deemed to have resigned from the Executive Committee.
31. Should any member of the Executive Committee resign, or his position otherwise lapse, the remaining members of the Executive Committee shall have the power to fill the vacancy by co-opting from the body of the Registered Full Membership. The service of any member on the Executive Committee chosen to fill a casual vacancy shall not be reckoned in calculating the seniority of such member if subsequently elected to serve on the Executive Committee. VOTING
32. A Chairman of a general meeting, Executive Committee, or any sub-committee shall, in the event of a tie, have a casting vote in addition to his/her vote as a member.
33. All Registered Full Members who are over the age of eighteen on the 1st day of January preceding the Annual General Meeting and whose subscriptions at the prescribed rate are not in arrears shall be eligible to vote at a General Meeting and voting shall be by a show of hands or by secret ballot at the discretion of such Registered Full Members. GENERAL MEETINGS
34. Not less than five days final notice of all general meetings, annual or special shall be given by the Hon.Secretary to all Registered Full Members of the Club.
35. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held on or before 31 December as arranged by the Executive Committee.
36. In the case of the Annual General Meeting, all motions and nominations must be in the hands of the Hon. Secretary not less than 2 days before the date of the Annual General Meeting. . Nominations may also be taken from two Registered Full Members, from the floor of the AGM. ADDENDUM
37. The Club Chairperson, Hon. Secretary and Hon. Treasurers of the Club shall be offered, free gratis, a ticket to the All Ireland Senior final in recognition of their club work during the year. Rule 39 (f) SCHEDULE (Part 1) to Constitution and Rules of CLG Cuchulainn. Trustees of the real property of the Club REPRESENTATIVE OF CLG Cuchulainn. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 10/12/00 NAME George Smith ADDRESS Cross, Mullagh. REPRESENTATIVE OF CLG Cuchulainn. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 10/12/00 NAME Leslie Fox ADDRESS Corryrourke, Mullagh. REPRESENTATIVE OF Cuchulainns GFC. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 10/12/00 NAME Brian Cahill ADDRESS Cloughergoole, Virginia REPRESENTATIVE OF CO. COMMITTEE. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 10/12/00 NAME George Cartwright ADDRESS Breffni Park, Cavan REPRESENTATIVE OF PROVINCIAL/CENTRAL COUNCIL. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 10/12/00 NAME Danny Murphy ADDRESS Breffni Park, Cavan SCHEDULE (PART 2) to Constitution and Rules of CLG Cuchulainn. Trustees of the personal property of the Club CLUB CHAIRPERSON Angela Gaffney ADDRESS Crosscarn, Mullagh. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 26/11/11 CLUB SECRETARY Kilian Monaghan ADDRESS Baileborough Rd, Lislin, Mullagh. DATE OF APPOINTMENT 13/12/09 CLUB TREASURER Fergal Kenny ADDRESS Rantavan, Mullagh
DATE OF APPOINTMENT 13/12/09
38. The following business shall be transacted at the Annual General Meeting: (a) Minutes of previous Annual General Meeting. (b) Annual Report submitted by the Hon. Secretary. (c) Financial Statement submitted by Hon. Treasurer. (d) Election of officers and members of the Executive Committee. (e) Notice of Motion. (f) General Business.
39. A Special General Meeting of the Club shall be called by the Hon. Secretary within fourteen days, if directed by the Executive Committee or demanded in writing by not less than twelve Registered Full Members who in their requisition shall state the object of such meeting. No other business shall be transacted at that Special Meeting. A minimum fee of €12.70 (£1O) shall accompany the requisition by members calling for such meeting, this fee shall be forfeited to the funds of the Club if the matter be considered frivolous by the majority of those present and voting.
40. Twelve Registered Full Members entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum at a General or Special Meeting of the Club. Five Registered Full Members entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum at a monthly meeting of the Club. ASSETS AND TRUSTEES
41. The Club shall have power to acquire and hold and to sell, lease, mortgage or charge real and personal property. Real property shall not be transferred, sold, leased, conveyed, mortgaged or otherwise charged or dealt with without the consent of the Central Council as set out in the Declaration of Trust.
a) The real property of the Club shall be vested in five or more members of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael as Trustees who shall hold same in accordance with the Charter, Constitution and Rules thereof and subject to the covenants and conditions contained in the approved Declaration of Trust and who shall sell, lease, mortgage or charge the said property when directed to do so and with the consent of the Central Council.
b) The Executive Committee shall select the Club Trustees who shall then be appointed by the Chairman of the Club and the remaining Trustees shall be appointed by the President of the Provincial Council and the Chairman of the County Committee where appropriate.
c) The personal property of the Club shall vest in the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary for the time being of the Club who shall hold same in trust for the Club. The said Trustees shall invest the funds of the Club in accordance with the directions of the Executive Committee of which an entry in the minute book of the Club shall be conclusive evidence.
d) The Executive Committee shall open a bank account on behalf of the Club and all cheques drawn on the said account shall be signed by the Treasurer and by the Chairman or Secretary.
e) Correct accounts and books shall be kept showing the financial affairs and receipts and disbursements of the Club.
f) The said Trustees of the real property and of the personal property for the time being shall be as set out in the Schedules to these Club Rules.
g) The Club shall indemnify and save harmless a Trustee in respect of any loss or out of pocket expenses bona fide incurred by him in or about the executive of his trust or powers COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS OF OFFICIAL GUIDE
42. This Club Constitution and Rules shall be read in conjunction with the general rules of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael contained in the Official Guide as amended from time to time. ALTERATIONS OF RULES
43. Alterations and additions to these Club Rules may be made at any Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose, providing that the resolution proposing same is carried by a vote of two thirds of the members present and voting and that same do not conflict with the Rules of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael.
44. Members wishing to propose alterations or additions to these Club Rules must send notice of the proposed alterations or additions in writing to the Hon. Secretary not later than fourteen days before the Annual General Meeting, or may do so by calling a Special Meeting as provided for in the Rules. INTERPRETATION OF CLUB RULES
45. The Executive Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of these Club Rules (with the exception of Club Rule 13), and of any bye-laws and regulations made thereunder; and the decision of the Executive Committee upon any question of interpretation or upon any matter affecting the Club and not provided for by these Club Rules or by the bye-laws and regulations made thereunder shall be final and binding on the members subject to appeal to a General Meeting, and shall not under any circumstances be subject to appeal to any Court of Law.